Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bump in the Road

     I'm into the 3rd day of trying to achieve this training process. I have this habit of having to plan things I want to do. This creates a problem for others, especially when it comes to my boyfriend who loves to plan as he goes. Luckily this goal is one that I can achieve on my own and can plan as much as I want to. Unfortunately, as much as you plan ahead you can never plan for road blocks. Today's road block..my health insurance hasn't kicked in, so I won't be able to go get a knee x-ray. Luckily I was able to find some books at the library that will get me started on the correct way to increase stamina and distance w/out creating more knee problems. 
     On a different note..I'm only 24 and I'm already experiencing the "daily grind." I wake up, go to work, eat dinner, relax for a very short bit/pay bills, sleep. And it starts all over again. I need something to get me pumped about life again. It gets harder to be pumped about life when there are others constantly around me Bitching about the littlest things. I'm gonna try to also incorporate yoga into my training routine for one of the off days from running. Hopefully this will help me become more peaceful about life and become more forgiving to those who know only how to bring others down as a way to make themselves feel better. I want to be able to have someone scream and yell at me about what I've done wrong, and my response be one that stays calm. I want to try and understand where they are coming from rather than instantly go on the defense. We'll see how far I actually get with that tough. I used to be nicknamed Fireball in college. Besides bitching some girl out for allowing her friend to skip ahead in a line I had been waiting in for 12hours, I used to start my arguments with "Aw hell naw.." LoL 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

     After I wrote this last blog, I decided to start on my stretches. And I think i've found the reason for all my knee problems. I don't think it was the amount of running that I was doing, as it was how I was doing the stretches wrong. I picked up a book solely based on the right and wrong way to stretch. And the way I've been stretching has been pulling my knee muscles and causing the injury..Sad but informative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment